Welcome to my Blogspot
I started Scrapping at the end of March 2007 while recovering from major abdominal surgery. Now I'm hooked and enjoying every minute of it all. I have made so many friends who have helped me along the way. I have learnt so much and am inspired with each page I see and each comment I receive for my pages.
I hope you get some inspiration from my work


Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my Freebies - Carol

New Products for March 2010

COMING SOON!!!

Sunday 22 July 2007


The above page was created with "Warm Magic" by Liz and her babes (see fave blogs for link to freebie)


The photos were taken in 1942 by my father in law James "Jock" Burns while he was serving with the King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry in Burma. The photos had been stored in the bakc of a photo album and we found them 4 years ago. I recently put the photos onto Rootschat to see if anyone could tell me any more about the tribe. I recieved an email from someone in India who said he was starting to do a website and write the history of the Khoibu Tribe. All their history had been by word of mouth before then. They did not have any photos at all so I decided to send him a copy of both the photos. It turns out that he is the Grandson of the man who is sat in the middle of the top page. The man is the Chief of the tribe at that time. How spooky is that?? Since then I have recieved another photo of the Chief that they had been given by a museum. So my father in law has been able to help with History without realising it 65 years after he took the photos.

No comments:

Blog Archive